- You will have to take a short, open book quiz before you can continue to the next section
- This course is self-paced. Do as much as you can, when you want.
- Lifetime access to the course, videos, student Facebook page and student forum
Online Permaculture Design
This is a full 72-hour certified, Online Permaculture Design Certificate course based on the original PDC course designed by Bill Mollison. We use a textbook, Advanced Permaculture Student Online written by Matt Powers, (my teacher) with his permission.
The Online PDC consists of approximately 36 hours of direct lecture, 42 hours of practical exercises, reading, and live Q & A. The live Q&A will be held weekly and you will have the opportunity to post your questions anytime during the previous week.
To be eligible for certification you must view the recorded presentations. You must also finish all section projects and submit a final design project.
The following is the index for the course. Most subjects will take one lesson, or 2-3 hours to complete. However, some may be more, some less. The amount of time you spend is up to you as this is a self-paced PDC course.
- Introduction- What is Permaculture?
- Three Ethics
- Care for the Earth
- Care for the People
- Care for the Future
- Principles & Responsibilities:
- Observe and Interact
- Catch and Store Energy
- Obtain a Yield
- Apply Self-Regulation and Accept Feedback
- Use and Value Renewable Resources and Services
- Produce No Waste
- Design from Patterns to Details
- Integrate Rather than Segregate
- Use Small and Slow Solutions
- Use and Value Diversity
- Use Edges and Value the Marginal
- Creatively Use and Respond to Change
- Patterns of Nature
- Our Regenerative World
- Earthworks & Earth Resources
- Permaculture Processes & Frameworks
- Food Forests & Gardens
- Tropical Climates
- Temperate Climates
- Arid Climates
- Alternative Energy
- Urban Permaculture
- Social Permaculture
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Permaculture in Action
- Careers in Permaculture