- You will have to take a short, open book quiz before you can continue to the next section
- This course is self-paced. Do as much as you can, when you want.
- Lifetime access to the course, videos, student Facebook page and student forum
Online Permaculture Design
This is a full 72-hour certified, Online Permaculture Design Certificate course based on the original PDC course designed by Bill Mollison. We use a textbook, Advanced Permaculture Student Online written by Matt Powers, (my teacher) with his permission.
The Online PDC consists of approximately 36 hours of direct lecture, 42 hours of practical exercises, reading, and live Q & A. The live Q&A will be held weekly and you will have the opportunity to post your questions anytime during the previous week.
To be eligible for certification you must view the recorded presentations. You must also finish all section projects and submit a final design project.
The following is the index for the course. Most subjects will take one lesson, or 2-3 hours to complete. However, some may be more, some less. The amount of time you spend is up to you as this is a self-paced PDC course.
- Introduction- What is Permaculture?
- Three Ethics
- Principles & Responsibilities – Principle of Observation, Rule of Necessitous Use, Rules of Conservative Use, Principle of Cooperation, Permaculture Ethics in Landscape and Society, Life Intervention Principle, Principle of Return, Syntropy not Entropy, Work with Nature, The Problem is the Solution, The Least Changes for the Longest Term Effects, Yields are Limitless, Everything Gardens, The Principle of Empowerment, Principle of Purity and Preservation, Principle of Choice, Principle of Stability, Principle of Self Regulation, Definition of System Yield, The Role of Life in Yields, Global Threats to Life Systems.
- Three Ethics
- Patterns of Nature
- Our Regenerative World
- Earthworks & Earth Resources
- Permaculture Processes & Frameworks
- Food Forests & Gardens
- Tropical Climates
- Temperate Climates
- Arid Climates
- Alternative Energy
- Urban Permaculture
- Social Permaculture
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Permaculture in Action
- Careers in Permaculture