- If from another country must have a Visa valid for at least 30 days with 5 days remaining at the start of class
- You should wear a good pair of work shoes or boots. It is muddy during the rain season.
- Illegal drugs, alcohol, flouride toothpaste, nicotine products and anti-bacterial soaps are prohibited
- You will have access to the online course for lifetime, along with any updates, plus access to the student FB group and forum
- Please arrive no later than 9pm on Thursday night. Class will begin promptly at 8AM Friday morning and end on Monday afternoon at 4PM
This is a full 72-hour certified, Permaculture Design Certificate course.
It consists of approximately 36 hours of lecture, presented in a weekly online class and a weekly live Q & A, and 32 hours of onsite practical exercises and reading.
To be eligible for certification you must finish all online lectures plus exercises and attend the 4 day in-person classes. You must also submit a final design project.
The following is the index for the course. Most subjects will take one lesson, or 3 hours to complete. However, some may be more, some less.
The following topics will be covered during the 4-day in-person class
- Food Forest & Gardens
- How to Create a healthy house
The following will be taught through a series of online videos and live Q&A.
- Introduction- What is Permaculture?
- Three Ethics
- Care for the Earth
- Care for the People
- Care for the Future
- Principles & Responsibilities:
- Observe and Interact
- Catch and Store Energy
- Obtain a Yield
- Apply Self-Regulation and Accept Feedback
- Use and Value Renewable Resources and Services
- Produce No Waste
- Design from Patterns to Details
- Integrate Rather than Segregate
- Use Small and Slow Solutions
- Use and Value Diversity
- Use Edges and Value the Marginal
- Creatively Use and Respond to Change
- Three Ethics
Our Regenerative World
Permaculture in Action
Patterns of Nature
Earthworks & Earth Resources
Permaculture Processes & Frameworks