- If from another country must have a Visa valid for at least 30 days with 14 day remaining at the start of class
- Must have a negative covid test on day of entry to the farm
- You should wear a good pair of work shoes or boots. It is muddy during the rain season.
- Illegal drugs, alcohol, flouride toothpaste and anti-bacterial soaps are prohibited
- Classes will start on Monday with a break on the middle weekend. You can rest, join a group tour of the local area or do an individual tour
- You will have access to the online course for lifetime, along with any updates, plus access to the student FB group and forum
This is a full 72 hour certified, Permaculture Design Certificate course.
It consists of approximately 36 hours of direct lecture, reading and onsite practical exercises.
To be eligible for certification you must finish all section projects and submit a final design project.
The following is the index for the course.
- Introduction- What is Permaculture?
- Principles & Responsibilities – Principle of Observation, Rule of Necessitous Use, Rules of Conservative Use, Principle of Cooperation, Permaculture Ethics in Landscape and Society, Life Intervention Principle, Principle of Return, Syntropy not Entropy, Work with Nature, The Problem is the Solution, The Least Changes for the Longest Term Effects, Yields are Limitless, Everything Gardens, The Principle of Empowerment, Principle of Purity and Preservation, Principle of Choice, Principle of Stability, Principle of Self Regulation, Definition of System Yield, The Role of Life in Yields, Global Threats to Life Systems.
- Our Regenerative World
- Patterns of Nature
- Earthworks & Earth Resources
- Permaculture Processes & Frameworks
- Food Forests & Gardens
- Tropical Climates
- Temperate Climates
- Arid Climates
- Alternative Energy
- Urban Permaculture
- Invisible Structures: Commerce, Community, & Governance
- Regenerative Agriculture
- Permaculture in Action
- Careers In Permaculture