- If from another country must have a Visa valid for at least 30 days with 5 days remaining at the start of class
- You should wear a good pair of work shoes or boots. It is muddy during the rain season.
- Illegal drugs, alcohol, flouride toothpaste, nicotine products and anti-bacterial soaps are prohibited
- You will have access to the online course for lifetime, along with any updates, plus access to the student FB group and forum
- Please arrive no later than 9pm on Thursday night. Class will begin promptly at 8AM Friday morning and end on Monday afternoon at 4PM
This is a full 72-hour certified, Permaculture Design Certificate course.
It consists of approximately 40 hours of lecture, presented in a weekly online class and a weekly live Q & A, and 32 hours of onsite lectures, practical exercises, and reading.
To be eligible for certification you must finish all online lectures plus exercises, and attend the 4-day in-person classes. You must also submit a final design project.
Because we are offering special pricing there are certain conditions to follow. At the end of the 4-day in-person portion, you will be asked to fill out a form. This is important for us to see how we did. We welcome positive, as well as negative comments and
The following is the index for the course. Most subjects will take one lesson, or 3 hours to complete. However, some may be more, some less.
The following topics will be covered during the 4-day in-person class
Food forest & Gardens
- How to Create a healthy house
The following will be taught through a series of online videos and live Q&A.
- Introduction- What is Permaculture?
- Three Ethics
- Care for the Earth
- Care for the People
- Care for the Future
- Principles & Responsibilities:
- Observe and Interact
- Catch and Store Energy
- Obtain a Yield
- Apply Self-Regulation and Accept Feedback
- Use and Value Renewable Resources and Services
- Produce No Waste
- Design from Patterns to Details
- Integrate Rather than Segregate
- Use Small and Slow Solutions
- Use and Value Diversity
- Use Edges and Value the Marginal
- Creatively Use and Respond to Change
Our Regenerative World
Permaculture in Action
Patterns of Nature
Earthworks & Earth Resources
Permaculture Processes & Frameworks