If you have a dream of owning a farm someday but have never actually farmed, then this program is designed to help you decide if this lifestyle is for you.
Please fill out the application below.
This is a workshare program to give you some experience and knowledge of what it takes to have a farm or large garden.
There is a required 25 hours per week of your labor to offset the cost of accommodation and food and supervised instruction plus 1,000,000vnd to offset our time for supervised instruction.
This program gives you some expeience and knowledge of what it takes to have your own farm, or even a large garden. You may be assigned to assist PDC students in their projects from time-to-time.
You may sit in on other classes (if held) after completion of daily chores. You can ask questions to the owner, teachers, or other students as long as it doesn't interfere with their duties/studies.
Any tasks assigned to you will be given a comple explanation as to what you are doing and why it is being done in that manner.
You can expect to gain knowledge on:
- How to create and use compost
- Where to plant annuals
- Why certain annuals are planted here and not others
- How to mulch and its importance
- How, and what, to feed chickens
- Bed with mattress, or a tent
- Bed sheets
- Mosquito net
- Shared, small kitchen w/cooking utensils
- Shared refrigerator/freezer to put your food in
- Rice, chicken, eggs, mushrooms, and vegetables picked by you from the garden.
- Hot water for bathing
- Personal Hygiene products that do not contain anti-bacterial ingredients or fluoride
- Towel and washcloth
- Boots during the rainy season
- Shoes or boots during the dry season
- Long sleeve shirt
- Lightweight long work pants
- Broad-brimmed hat (traditional straw hat may be provided)
- Sleeping bag if you choose to stay in a tent
- Negative covid test within 24hrs before arriving.
- Notebook to document your new-found knowledge
Applicants should have the following;
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- strong work ethic
- a fit and able body and mind (manual work is often repetitive and strenuous.)
- You must be able to work at least 5 hours a day
- excellent communication skills
- work with a task-based approach (as opposed to a time-based system). This is farming!
- Farm Tasks: Managing the nursery, chickens, goats, building compost, worm farms, weeding, planting, digging earthworks, watering, spreading compost, repairing/creating infrastructure, basically, anything that we need to get done to provide our educational training and move our permaculture projects forward.
- All interns must contribute to work in the community garden. There will be fresh produce for you to pick and seeds/seedlings for you to plant to replace what was used.
You only need the following to apply;
1. Being on Time
2. Good Work Ethic
3. Honest Effort
4. Positive Energy
5. Friendly Attitude
6. Being Coachable
7. Doing Extra
8. Being Prepared
9. Shared Passion
2-week Farm Volunteer - This program will give you some experience, and knowledge, in what it takes to be a farmer.
We provide rice and eggs, fruit, and vegetables from the garden. Anything else is provided by you
There is a 1,000,000vnd non-refundable fee required.
- Third Online PDC - September 28, 2022
- 5 Most Epic Earth Healing Projects! - August 31, 2022
- Integrate rather than Segregate – Permaculture Principle #8 - April 11, 2022